Logitech Wireless Mouse M505
The Logitech Wireless Mouse M505 is a good choice for someone needing a mouse that’s not too expensive and not too big but that delivers smooth laser tracking without having to be tethered by a hard wire. It’s advanced 2.4 GHz wireless signal delivers the reliability of tracking you might only expect from a corded mouse. Add to this the latest laser sensors and it’s an unbeatable combination for a quality pointing device in this price range.
Logitech was the first to bring mice with laser tracking to the market. This occurred in 2004. The advantages over optical tracking are significant and this mouse can operate on almost any surface including highly polished wood or even glossy magazines. It can provide true tracking where others fail, meaning you can use it in more places and, thus, be more productive. Logitech continues to be an industry leader in computer peripherals like mice with comfort, quality, precision, and style.
The M505, which is available in a choice of three colors, (black, red, and silver) is a sleek, nice looking unit that is built to feel good under your hand. Because of its symmetrical design, it can be used by either right- or left-handers and this mouse, while a bit heavy for its size, definitely feels durable and sturdy.
FEATURES OF THE Logitech Wireless Mouse M505
- Ergonomic feel and stylish lookin
- Smooth and accurate laser tracking action
- Notched scroll wheel for both vertical and horizontal scrolling
- Plug ‘n Play ease of operation
- Wireless freedom with ‘wired’ reliability
- Tiny unifying receiver stays plugged in all the time, making it basically a plug in and forget item. It will simultaneously receive up to 6 compatible wireless devices
- Operates on two AA batteries (included) which are good for up to 15 months of normal use
- On/off switch to conserve battery power when unit is not in use
If you want more info on this mouse, check out full product spec and other owners reviews here.
A couple of features really set this mouse apart from the rest in its class and bear reiterating. The fact that the two AA batteries will last well more than a year is better than just about any mouse on the market. There is also an indicator light to warn you when the batteries are running low so you’re not taken by surprise and can be ready for quick and easy replacement when they finally give out.
The unifying receiver is also something special. No larger than a nickel and with no protrusions, once it’s plugged in you never have to fool with it again, unless you need to transfer it to another machine. Because it will handle several other wireless devices, such as a wireless keyboard, it saves precious USB ports for other uses. Be advised, however, that the receiver works only with other Logitech devices and, as such, you’re locking yourself in to this brand in order to take full advantage of the receiver’s capabilities.
- Feels good, looks good and is accurate
- Batteries last the longest time and the on/off switch helps conserve power
- Tiny receiver and wireless freedom
- Higher priced than its competitors but discounts are out there
- No thumb buttons, no back button
It’s hard not to like the Logitech Wireless Mouse M505. Unless you need lots of buttons or you need to track on glass this one should do you well. Don’t pay list price, though. Discounts are easy to find.